Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.
As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.
Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.
Originally from Germany, I had a hard time adjusting to the food here in Florida/USA.
Since I have a sweet tooth, as well as being a carb-adict, I miss my german bakery items and the good breads.
"Americans can't bake.....They can throw a hell of a BBQ though!" ;)
I also miss the various cold cuts and cold dinner items, that are regionally and from butcher to butcher different. You know, butchers and bakers there still make their own products....
I also miss the hazelnut in sweets. The hazelnut (or also known as filbert) is the german peanut. And hazelnut ice cream rocks! The other day I discovered that "Blue Bunny" makes a hazelnut gelato (italian ice cream), that is pretty good. It is drizzled with caramel sauce, sprinkled with hazelnut pieces and comes in a little, one-portion tub. When I closed my eyes, it almost felt like back home, when we used to sit in the outside garden of the "Rialto", an italian ice cream cafe, watching the city go about it's bussy day.
> I wish they'd sell it in a larger size: MEMORY IN A GALLON!
But then, thinking of it, that might not be a good idea...
- Leberkaese (the white one!)
- smoked salmon on buttered toast
- my mom's spaghetti bolognese sauce
- bavarian "Weisswuerscht" with SWEET mustard
- general tsao's chicken
- (Real!) sweet AND SOUR chicken or pork
- hot&sour soup
- steak (with ketchup!)
- "Nutella" spread
As for Restaurants:
- pretty much EVERYTHING in the store!
- muscles in wine sauce
- marsala chicken
- bread sticks with alfredo sauce
- zuppa toskana
- steak stir fry
- cole slaw
- chicken salad
- wisconsin cheese soup
- cheddar bisquit and ranch dressing
- popcorn shrimp with tartar sauce
- wild mushroom soup
- chicken tenders with honey mustard dip
- BLT sandwich dipped in bbq sauce
- they used to have the best! "oreo sundae"
- t-bone steaks
- fried msuhrooms
And back home in Germany:
- Der Schuetzenhof's italian salad
- Die Schwedenschanze's "Schweizer Topf"
- Mayflower's sweet&sour pork and
- their peking duck
- potatoes in any form or shape
- dark chocolate
What I DON'T like:
- black forest cake in the US
- bavarian pretzles in the US
- bread without a crust
- sweet&sour, that is only sweet....
- zucchinis, squash and other weird veggies
- Not a big fan of mexican or "hot" spices
- not a big fan of organs
- fish in steak or filet form
- too much garlic and onion
- the really stinky cheeses
- bolognese sauce, that's made by quickly throwing together ground beef and marinara sauce
- COOKING! Seriously, I REALLY hate to cook, but not quite as much as I LOVE to eat....lol