Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.
As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.
Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.
All fields are required.
Remember me on this computer
Please enter your email address and we will send your password
Your password has been sent and should arrive in your mailbox very soon.
Registering is quick and easy.
Sign up for Food.com to share photos, show off your cooking chops, and connect to an enthusiastic and helpful community.
It's free and easy.
A collection of vegan and mostly gluten-free recipes for Thanksgiving or any holiday dinner.
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
We host a Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck (with Mashed Potato Bar!) every year that is also gluten-free. This is a collection of the recipes people have brought.
To make sure it runs more smoothly each year, here are some notes:
- Borrow D's folding table & 12 folding chairs
- Use the VNA folding table & our 6 folding chairs
- Invite 14 people (plus there's 2 of us) for a total of 16 (no more will fit)
- Ask people to bring their hot foods in microwave-safe dishes
- Set out food-warming equipment
--- Set up the electric roaster for Autumn Glow Punch (with optional rum)
--- Set up the buffet server electric roaster for the Mashed Potato Bar
--- Set up the 2 large crockpots, medium crockpot, & small crockpot
--- Set up the 2 single burners
--- Put the 2 diffusers on the stove for the gravies
- Make Post-It note labels for the foods & assign a warming device for each
- Run & empty the dishwasher before people arrive
- Set the tables with plates, cloth napkins, forks & knives
- Put small spoons in cups on tables in case anyone needs one
- Place cold foods on the chest of drawers & set out small paper bowls
- Place desserts on the bar & set out small paper plates
- Make two Zucchini & Carrot Layers
- Do not double the Tofurky baste
- Reheat people's foods as they arrive
- Transfer their foods to one of the warming devices listed above
- Rinse their dishes & return them, if they brought a bag, or place them in the foyer
- Slice the Tofurkys thinly with the electric knife
- Begin Vegan Thanksgiving dinner
--- Go around the room with short introductions
--- Ask people to hang onto their mugs for wine & coffee
--- Ask people not to cross-contaminate the serving spoons
--- Suggest heating food plates in the microwave before sitting
--- Suggest small bowls for cold foods
--- Suggest small plates for desserts
--- Suggest we drink coffee & play a game after dinner for stimulation
- Ask E how to make pots of coffee & start brewing
- Ask someone to collect plates
- Ask someone to collect silverware
- Ask someone to rinse plates & silverware & put in dishwasher
- Ask some to collect napkins
- Set out soy creamer, sugar, & spoons
- Put leftovers in short & tall round take-out containers & tape the food labels to the lid